Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boise Hawks "Fan Fest" 2012

This past Friday night Matt and I got the chance to attend the annual Boise Hawks Fan Fest. What a great event! It was an evening of fun geared towards substance abuse prevention, education and safety awareness. This event is a great opportunity to talk about tobacco prevention because it is geared towards families and the support for a Drug Free Idaho. We had several hundred people stop by our booth and it was awesome to see all of the interest in quitting. There were a lot of questions about the resources that Project Filter has to offer. I listened to several different scenarios Friday night. I had a couple, “I’ve smoked for many years and it’s time to quit”, “I know someone who I would like to help quit” and “I wish my Mom would quit”. The one that always gets me is, “I wish my Mom or Dad would quit”. It softens my heart to hear a child say that. Sometimes the parents seem a little embarrassed but I think it is great and they should be happy that their children are concerned. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, were all concerned and we have a great program right here that is ready to help when you’re ready to quit. One gentleman told me that he knows he should quit but he just isn’t ready yet. I provided him with our literature and I let him know that Project Filter will be there once he’s ready. I sure noticed a lot of people picking up the literature, so that shows that the interest in quitting is high. We’ll continue to fight the fight for a tobacco free Idaho. Thank You Project Filter for giving me this opportunity to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment