Monday, June 27, 2011

Western Idaho Motocross Series (WIMS) Round #3, Pleasant Valley Raceway 25 June, 2011





Saturday afternoon I loaded up the Iron Horse from the Boise Rec Fest and headed out to Pleasant Valley Raceway for the 3rd Round of the WIMS (Western Idaho Motocross Series). The weather was perfect and I was anxious to get out on the track. I like the Saturday Night Races, it’s a totally different feel and the Pleasant Valley track is fun to ride. This track definitely tests your technical abilities and throttle control skills.

It was an awesome night. I really feel comfortable on this track; I was riding well and my Project Filter backed KX450F was ready to roll. I busted out of the first moto gate and made it through the first turn in second place. I was having a pretty good battle with an unfamiliar rider. We went several laps with not more than a bike length between us when suddenly he lost it in a right hand sweeper, I ducked underneath him and I was gone, taking the moto win.

I knew he would be after me in the second moto because if you can come back from a second place in the first and take the second moto win, you’ll take the overall. I was able to get the holeshot in the second moto and the race was on. Again, we went several laps and he was pressuring me pretty hard. Sometimes it’s good to be in second because you can pressure the leader and wait for a mistake to be made. As we headed into the long doubles on the backside I couldn’t hear his bike anymore, I don’t like to look behind me but I did because I couldn’t figure out what happened, he just dropped right off the pace. I ended up taking the second moto win and the overall. I found out after the race that his bike stalled on him and by the time he got it going, I was gone. It was a good race; I enjoy the competition and a little bar to bar action.

What a great night, I got to talk with a couple of people that were at the Boise Rec Fest and that I had seen earlier I the day. Thank You Project Filter for my opportunity to represent! What an awesome organization doing it for an outstanding cause and through a wonderful sport!!

Were headed to Salmon for Round #4 of the Thunder Mountain Series, It’s sure to be a good one, “Go Big or Go Home Boise!” Stay Tuned……

No comments:

Post a Comment