Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OMC Thunder Mountain Series Rnd #1, 24 April, 2010







Elyssa, Lindsay, Emily and Mallory. The Project Filter Girls!



Once again the Smokefree83/Project Filter Motocross Team joined forces in the fight for a Tobacco Free Idaho at the Owyhee Motorcycle Club grounds. This was the first round of the Thunder Mountain Series that is being run this season. It was a good weekend of racing. OMC is our home town track; it is always a good familiar feel at OMC. I am not going to do the entire series but I thought I would ride the first round just to mix things up a bit. OMC is a supporter of Project Filter and is offering a smoke free environment for our racing community.

The racer turnout was a little less than expected but probably not too bad considering the number of series that are being run in the valley. I raced both the over thirty and over forty classes. Out of four motos I finished 2nd, 4th, 1st and 1st which gave me the overall win in both classes.
Since it was a local race I had several family members, friends and Project Filter supporters in my pits. It was an awesome day of racing and it felt great to get my first win for the season.
The next race is also local; it’s at Pleasant Valley Raceway in Boise. Praying for “Sunshine”. See Ya there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment