Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Washougal National Motocross











I attended the Washougal, Washington National Motocross held 25, 26 July. It was incredible. There were about 900 riders for the two days of racing and 25K spectators. The professional racing on Saturday was spectacular, the weather was great and the Washougal landscape provides for a breathtaking experience in Motocross.

There was a full gate of 40 riders in my class, it is a little intimidating heading into the first turn with 39 other riders. I got a great start the first moto, I was in sixth place as we got through the first two turns and headed up what they call Horsepower Hill. The Washougal track is a National track, it is long, rough and challenging. I faded a little to end up finishing tenth for the moto. I was happy with the finish but I knew I could improve in the second.

I got another good start in the second moto but made a really dumb mistake after the first turn; I clipped the back wheel of another rider and went down hard. I felt a bike land on me and I thought, great I caused another rider to wreck, but as I looked up, I saw the number 83 and realized it was my bike that was on top of me. Good thing is, since the bike landed on me, it didn’t tear up my graphics.

So, I got out from underneath the bike, fired it up, straightened out the levers and was off and running.......40th place. I caught up to the pack and worked my way around 24 riders to end up 16th for the moto.

I ended up getting a plaque for twelfth overall.

It was an awesome experience………………
(Check out the pics: #22 is Chad Reed the National Motocross 450 class points leader)

No comments:

Post a Comment