Friday, July 17, 2009

Idaho State Championship Motocross Series, Round #6







Round #6 of the Idaho State Motocross Championship Series was hosted by White Knuckle Racing and held in Mountain Home, Idaho, at the Optimist Park. What an outstanding weekend, Tag and Robin are always organized and put on the best quality races in the area. The Mountain Home track is very challenging for the riders and great for the spectators because you can sit in the bleachers or walk out on the bridge and see the entire track.

The Smokefree83 Team traveled down on Friday to take advantage of the test and tune day and get a jump on some of the competition. Practice went well; Matt and I were both riding good and felt comfortable on the Supercross style track.

Saturday morning the races started right on time and I was in the first moto of the day. As usual my Project Filter YZ250F was right on the mark as I shot out of the gate to take the lead in my class. I held the lead for two laps and fell back to second place, I was feeling a little off the mark and figured it was better to play it safe and go for a win in the second moto. I did win the second moto to take the overall on Saturday.

Matt gave us a pretty big scare in his second moto on Saturday but you’ll have to read his blog to get the details.

Sunday was another great day, I went 1 – 1 in both motos to take the overall on Sunday as well. I will move into round seven still in the points lead for the series.

Mountain Home was an excellent round, the track is difficult and some riders don’t prefer it but I thought it was a good experience. The Idaho State Championship Series covers seven different tracks around the state, each one is unique in its own way and each one tests riders skills in different areas.

I would like to say “Thank You” to Project Filter for the support, the program is outstanding. The Smokefree83 Team handed out several boxes of Project Filter promotional items, our presence at the event was recognized and appreciated.

We have a little bit of a break in the series; the next round is scheduled for the last weekend in August in Kimberly, Idaho. I am headed to Washougal Washington in between to compete in an amateur national event and take in one day of the AMA Outdoor Motocross Professional Nationals. I am excited, Washougal is an amazing experience.

See ya in Kimberly…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment