Monday, August 15, 2011

Idaho Thunder Mountain Motocross Series Final Round, 13 August, 2011






This past Saturday was the Final Round of the Idaho Thunder Mountain Motocross Series at OMC (Owyhee Motorcycle Club). This Thunder Mountain Series was outstanding! We traveled from OMC to, Idaho Falls, Salmon, Preston and Rupert. We had the opportunity to battle other riders from the EIMA and the RMX Series, this included riders from Montana, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming. We endured all Mother Nature had to offer throughout the series and the cool thing is that we did it as a Team, the Project Filter Team in support of and Fighting the Fight for a Tobacco Free Idaho!

I won the over Thirty and the over Forty Vet class championships for the series! I would like to Thank Project Filter for their sponsorship and for affording me this opportunity to represent a great cause. My Project Filter backed KX450 allowed me to charge through the various tracks and conditions without any problems. I would like to thank Carls Cycle Sales for their support for me and for the Project Filter Team. Thank You to Pro Moto Billet for giving us the opportunity to run your products, they are awesome. Thank You to all of the Project Filter Motocross Team fans, being tobacco free makes you part of the team and we appreciate your support.

I would also like to thank my family, my wife Ann, Nate, Emily, Lindsay, Elyssa and Mallory for all their support. They come out to the races, battle the elements, cheer me on, help me set up, tear down, sweep my gates and help to show their support for Project Filter too. They make it Fun and that’s what it’s all about. I’ve always said, “Motocross is a family sport”. That family includes your immediate, your team and your extended family which is all of the great people that you see weekend after weekend hanging out in the dust and dirt together and enjoying this great sport we call Motocross.

Next week Dani and I are headed to Couer D’ Alene for arenacross, I still have two more rounds of the WIMS, the Big Nasty and the grand finale, “Idaho Supercross”.

See Ya at the Races!

No comments:

Post a Comment